The use of hydrogen as an energy carrier is playing an increasingly central role in the current debate on the further restructuring of the German and European energy system and the achievement of the climate protection targets set. In the value-added chain of possible (green) production, regional storage, supraregional transport and intersectoral use, the medium's high degree of flexibility is particularly striking, making hydrogen interesting for a wide range of applications. This may also apply in particular to possible applications in agricultural engineering and commercial vehicles.
The three networks Oldenburger Energiecluster OLEC e.V., Automotive Nordwest e.V. and Agrotech Valley Forum e.V. therefore invite to a joint digital workshop discussion with experts* on 17 June 2020. The aim is to discuss the technological potential and application options of hydrogen and fuel cells in the agricultural machinery and commercial vehicle industry. The aim of the workshop, which is supported by the Northwest Metropolitan Region, is to initiate starting points for model application projects together with interested experts from industry and application-oriented research.
- 10:00h - Dial-in and technical briefing
- 10:10h - Welcome by the boards of the Oldenburg Energy Cluster OLEC e.V., Automotive Nordwest e.V. and Agrotech Valley Forum e.V.
- Lecture on hydrogen activities in the Northwest Metropolitan Region, Dr. Anna Meincke, Metropolitan Region Northwest
- Welcome by the moderator and thematic classification of the event, Prof. Richard Hanke-Rauschenbach, IfES-EES at the Leibniz University of Hannover
- 10:30h - Lecture on the production, storage and transport of hydrogen, Tobias Moldenhauer, EWE Gasspeicher GmbH
- 10:55h - Ways to convert hydrogen back into electricity for agricultural machinery and commercial vehicles, Dr. Alexander Dyck, DLR Institute of Networked Energy Systems
- 11:20h - Break
- 11:25h - Application possibilities of hydrogen in the field of propulsion technology and grid integration, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans-Jürgen Pfisterer, KEA at the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück
- 11:50h - Final round: Digital podium and audience questions, moderation: Prof. Richard Hanke-Rauschenbach
- 12:20h - Farewell and instructions for continuation
- 12:30h - End of the event
Due to the restrictions generally imposed by the Corona crisis, the event will be offered in digital format. We ask for binding registration by 10 June 2020.
The number of participants is limited and will be allocated according to the order of registration. Registered participants will receive their access data by e-mail in good time before the event.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)