The Oldenburg Energy Cluster OLEC e.V. is setting the course for future strategic work true to the network's recently revised vision of a climate-neutral region: With the newly founded OLEC Advisory Board, cooperation in the Northwest region will be strengthened and expanded to include supraregional expertise. The aim is to further improve energy cooperation in the Northwest and to address the pressing challenges of the climate crisis together with proven experts.
The new OLEC advisory board began its work at its inaugural meeting on 4 October 2021. The members of the Advisory Board have been appointed for an initial period of two years and will be available to the OLEC Board in the future as a technical advisory and impulse-giving body. The advisory board is made up of outstanding institutions and personalities from the north-west, the whole of Lower Saxony and the neighbouring northern Netherlands and will help to stimulate new ideas for networking and support the exploration of further potential for cooperation.
Roland Hentschel, Chairman of OLEC e.V., is pleased about the future support of the advisory board members: "With the OLEC advisory board, we are paving the way for even closer and more targeted cooperation between all actors in the Northwest. In line with our OLEC vision, we want to shape a climate-friendly future together: decarbonised. diversified. decentralised. digital."
Dr Wolfgang Dietze, Managing Director of the Energy Research Centre of Lower Saxony (EFZN), was elected as Chairman of the Advisory Board. In addition, the members of the advisory board are:
- Marieke Abbink-Pellenbarg, Managing Director of the New Energy Coalition from Groningen (NL).
- Torben Kokott, Energy and Environment Division of the Oldenburg Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Dr. Anna Meincke, Managing Director of the Metropolitan Region Bremen-Oldenburg in the Northwest
- Lothar Nolte, Managing Director of the Climate Protection and Energy Agency of Lower Saxony (KEAN)
- Kay Lutz Pakula, Innovation and Technology Officer of the Chamber of Skilled Crafts Oldenburg
- N.N., Lower Saxony Innovation Centre
Picture: (from left) Dr Anna Meincke, Kay Lutz Pakula, Torben Kokott, Dr Wolfgang Dietze, Lothar Nolte, Marieke Abbink-Pellenbarg. Source: OLEC e.V.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)