On Saturday 16.11.2019 the time had come again: around 40 teams of pupils from the 3rd to the 13th class made the racecourse glow in the Famila Einkaufsland Wechloy in Oldenburg.
Motivating pupils and pupils to deal with technology, renewable energies, sustainability and climate protection - that was the declared aim of the SolarCup Oldenburg from the very beginning. It has been held in Oldenburg since 2013 and enjoys great popularity throughout the northwest. Once again this year, around 40 teams from all over the northwest responded to the call and held races in three different categories. A special prize was awarded for the creativity of the vehicles and the presentation of the teams.
Here are the winners at a glance:
Valuation class I (3-5 class)
- First winning team: The cool kids - Enya and Käthe from the primary school Nadorst
- Second winning team: Elektro-Team - Ziad, Jona and Kevin from Staakenweg Elementary School
- Third winning team: Energy Gang - Elian, Robin and Koray from Staakenweg Elementary School
Valuation class II (6-8 class)
- First winning team: NiReDen - Jaden, Nick and Laurenz from the Gymnasium Wildeshausen
- Second winning team: Time Rider - Karim from the Gymnasium Wildeshausen
- Third winning team: Funny Fresch - Louis, Noah and Thomas from the Gymnasium Wildeshausen
Valuation class III (9-13 class)
- First winning team: Speedy - Leon, Beke and Nele from Johannes-Althusius-Gymnasium Emden
- Second winning team: MAX I - Leon and Felix from the Max-Windmüller-Gymnasium Emden
- Third winning team: KWINA - Larissa, Anneke and Karina from Gymnasium Lohne
Valuation class V (creative class)
- First winning team: KWINA - Larissa, Anneke and Karina from Gymnasium Lohne
- Second winning team: Schilli the tortoise - Sophie, Isabel, Carolin and Talea from KGS Rastede
- Third winning team: The best three - Nasrin, Isabell and Nancy from the primary school Nadorst
All teams will receive cash prizes, provided by our sponsors: Barthel Stiftung EWE AG, Nord LB and the Volksbanken and Raiffeisenbanken in Weser-Ems.
This year again, the Cup was organised jointly by the Oldenburg energy cluster OLEC e.V., the Regional Environmental Education Centre for the City of Oldenburg (RUZ Oldenburg), the Association of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Information Technology of the Northwest Region (VDE Region Nord-West e.V.), the Federal Technology Centre for Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (BFE e.V.) and Famila Einkaufsland Wechloy. The 8th SolarCup will take place in November 2020, the date will be made available soon at: www.energiecluster.de/solarcup (only availiable in german).
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)